I can haz metric parallel set?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleazey

Reaction score
Sorry about the lol catz title. ::)

I prefer to work in metric as much as I can, since I own a Proxxon PD 400 lathe. All my measuring instruments, tooling, etc. are metric wherever possible.

However, I have been unable to locate any metric parallel sets. I can find lots of sets using Imperial units for thickness or height, but no native metric parallel sets.

Do metric parallel sets exist? Anybody got any pointers to dealers that carry them if so?

Thanx!

I really thought MSC would have it. :eek:

They don't show any. They do show Adjustable ones :-\

They also have a place at the bottom of a page to send a request if you don't see what you are looking for... perhaps they could find it for you? They have always been helpful to me when I'm looking for something and don't know the exact nomenclature applied ;D.

Couldn't hurt to try them, or any other you like to deal with.

The helpful newbie,
Kermit

I never noticed that special request button you refer to. :bow:

I shall give it a try.

Welcome to the HMEM!

Your location would make it easier for people to respond as to where you might find what you are looking for. I am assuming you are in the states?

Chronos in the U.K. has them. You can find them on this PAGE. Part #vp100. Dunno if they ship to where you are though.

Eric

You could give these GUYS a call. Says the have metric available... probably very pricey though.

This PLACE has them too. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the cost of the metric parallels. Don't look at the prices if you have a weak heart.

Eric

Unless you use parallels very differently from the way I do...why does it matter whether they are nominally in inches or millimeters? I typically need a pair that is "tall enough" or "short enough" to shim up work in the milling machine vise...but the actual dimension is irrelevant.

Back