I am after buying a mill but would love some thoughts?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on your new acquisition MK, I hope you enjoy it, I have no involvement with spg other than being a satisfied customer, but as such I think it's fair to pass on a recommendation ............... btw he has a cracking deal on X2 power feeds at the minute ie: below £70 ;)

and has been said ........... photo's are mandatory ;D :big: ;D

CC

;D photos will be coming for sure

I would have orderd a power feed at the time I never thought and defo at that price, will order more soon I am sure of it.

Here she is :bow:

just come
Photo-0047.jpg

Photo-0048.jpg

Photo-0049.jpg

on the new bench
Photo-0050.jpg

I just posted thread + pics on my shop being redone, its not fully sorted yet but getting there ;D

Looks like they've given the lil' X2 a bit of a face lift since I bought mine, I like the hand wheel at each end of the table ;D

Enjoy making chips ;)

CC

Thank you mate ;D

I use milli (her name lol) for the first time today on adding a quick release to the tailstock on my lathe, I could have drilled it but I wanted to test milli out and I was very happy :bow:

just thinking of all the things I want to make now lol

karl.

Karl, nice aquisition! I am sure you and Millie will spend lots of quality time together!!

Madkad,

(......I use milli (her name lol) for the first time today )

:big:

Milli , meet Norm!
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/mcandrew1894/Picture016.jpg
Now Norm lacks some social graces....and he's liable to tear your arm off if provoked, but he sure cuts metal nice
(Picture a short, STOUT tool maker with a greasy apron and a 1" long stogie with a disposition to match,,,that's Norm)
He's been known to throw work he deemed unworthy across the shop much the terror of the shop workers...

We should see if we can get the two love birds together ;D

......sorry couldn't resist

steamer said:
Madkad,

(......I use milli (her name lol) for the first time today )

Milli , meet Norm!
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/mcandrew1894/Picture016.jpg
Now Norm lacks some social graces....and he's liable to tear your arm off if provoked, but he sure cuts metal nice
(Picture a short, STOUT tool maker with a greasy apron and a 1" long stogie with a disposition to match,,,that's Norm)
He's been known to throw work he deemed unworthy across the shop much the terror of the shop workers...

We should see if we can get the two love birds together ;D

......sorry couldn't resist

:big: dont think that spindle will fit in milli's MT3 spindle :D

I have spent all my cash and havent even bought any small stock to make anything with lol whyyyyy did I do that

"....I have spent all my cash and havent even bought any small stock to make anything with lol whyyyyy did I do that ...."

Simple.....Because you can! I do it to!
It's a fatal disease and there is no known cure....

HI M.K.
congrats on the purchase of the mill...I have had one,{CHESTER CONQUEST} which I think is the same as yours for a few years now, built the 10v...score...james coombes and now working on a corliss all using this mill...Initally there were a few teething problems like the drive gear on the motor coming free after the retaining screw dropped out and the plastic driven gear [from the motor] shearing its keyway... the fine feed adjustment system for the quill feed having to be stripped down and tweaked a bit... this was all done with {CHESTERS} permission of course , as it was still within the warranty and I had no intention of returning it from Northern ireland unless it packed up altogether...but all told it is a good wee mill... if you do not over load it, make sure and nip up the gib levers ...watch it with intermittent cutting [doesn't like that much ;D]...fine cuts with gunmetal especially...once you get used to it, not a bad Mill,
All the best for now and happy milling,
John.

Latest posts

Back