Hi from SE Idaho

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundhog

Reaction score
Just joined so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been teaching myself (hobby) machining for a couple of years when time permits. I am using a HF mini-lathe and mini-mill. Outside of producing lots junk & ruined parts, I've been making stuff for my dual-sport motorcycles and accessories for the mill & lathe as learning exercises.

Started on my first engine last week. I'm attempting Jan Ridders flame-eater. Already found lots of help here just by looking around. I'll post some on that later - like when I need to ask for help!

I'm amazed with the quality and complexity of projects I've seen here. What a great place to get much needed info.

I work as Mountain Manager for a small ski area. Plenty of opportunity for fabrication and such, just never had a chance to learn machining. I think I'm hooked now!

Hey, Welcome to the group!!! What part of Idaho? I live in Burley. If you have any questions just ask. Someone will pipe up.

Have any pictures?

Wes

Groundhog
Hmm a ski area managed by groundhog lookout for the holes and broken legs. ;D Sound like an interesting job especially if you like skiing and fixing things. Welcome to the controlled mayhem, and organized ciaos. Home the flame eater goes smooth.
Tin

Groundhog,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to HMEM Groundhog.

Rick

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I live in Pocatello, ID and work at Pebble Creek Ski Area. Pebble is also known as "The Rock" and much to hard to dig more holes :p!

Hello Groundhog,

Welcome to the forum.

Chuck

Greetings from Grangeville, Groundhog.
(Sometimes I think I live on a ski hill the way it looks here in the winter!)

Welcome to the forum!

Dean

Latest posts

Back