Hi All.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toplights

Reaction score
I'm an ex British Aerospace worker,primerily a machinist on center lathes turret lathes and capstans.My working life was at BAE KIngston making parts for the Hunter Harrier and Hawk trainer aircraft.I have a fairly comprehensive home workshop.I am currently overhauling a Ward 2ds Capstan.
Does anyone have any imformation on the amount of oil the headstock ect holds, as the oil sighting, level glasses are now opaque(i dont want to over fill it).Alternativly,does anyone have any leads to any Maintainance online manuals for a Ward 2ds Capstan,Thanks all.

Welcome to the forum Toplights. Sorry I can't answer your questions.

On the other hand, you look quite familiar. I'm sure I met you someplace, hmmmm.;)

Cheers,
Phil

My grandfather used to work for your grandfather. Of course the rates have gone up...

Great Avatar of a great comedian.

Sorry I can't help you either.

- Beachside Hank

Marty,
There is something about your eyes.............
I just Googled your question and go from here hope this helps.

[ame]http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=ward%202ds%20capstan%20lathe&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=xE2LUN2TDPCWiQek_4CwAQ&biw=1920&bih=933&sei=yE2LUIyDO6P_iAewuYDgBA[/ame]

Click on each picture and see where you end up the answer will be there.
Kindest Regards
Beagles

A warm welcome to the forum, Toplights, someone on here will probably have the answer to your problem.
Stew

Thanks for your answers so far,still no definative answer still loooking.

Welcome Toplights, I feel sure the information you seek is not far away.

Jim

Welcome to HMEM Toplights. Sorry, can't help with your questions

Hi all,after searcing for some time i have found the headstock takes 5Lts of oil.:)

Back