gday from West Aus

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShedBoy

Reaction score
Been lurking here for a while now and thought I better join up. What a mint board, there is really some true craftmens here. I think I fall somewhere aroound the average but I am getting better. I have an interest in all things mechanical always have. I am going to build an engine one day I have the tools and some nowse (is that how it is spelt) and an elderly next door neighbour who done his apprenticeship at the Perkins factory in the UK as a machinist back in the 60's who is a wealth of info. Now I have you lot to steer me in the right direction. I have got some plans for a free piston jet engine which will be first on the list. But I have many lists in many areas so I will pop in and out sporadicly.

Brock

Oi Brock, welcome from the 'other side'!
(and it's N O U S E)

And, for the members who speak English :) :)

"nouse" equates to know-how in the Antipodes.

And G'day and welcome from the "middle"

Shedboy,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

mklotz said:
And, for the members who speak English :) :)

"nouse" equates to know-how in the Antipodes.

e.g. a mouse with nouse stays alive in your house. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Shedboy
Lots of great engines here Mate
Pete

Welcome from Coffs Harbour.

Ian(seagar)

G,day Shedboy,

Welcome from Maddington Perth. "free piston jet engine hey" sounds interesting, please do post the build when you undertake it.

Baz.

Alot of aussies here hey. Google loudmouth piston jet to get an idea. Basically to power chambers, two pumping chambers and one moving part. The sound it makes brings pain appaerently, sounds mint. I will post some pics of machines when I work out how to add a picture. I can browse for it but haven't figured out how to insert it into the post :-[. Is there a thread somewhere that goes step by step?

Back