First time success

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rleete

Reaction score
Okay, so it probably isn't much, considering some of the phenomenal work I've seen here. But, it was my first time creating a single point thread, and it came out nice. I've never threaded on the lathe before, always resorting to dies. I don't have one for this size (4-40), so in order to keep building my engine, I had to attempt it. The corresponding piston screws on smooth and straight. I just had to tell someone.

a_1012.jpg

Maybe old hat for most of you guys, yet it made me as happy as a clam. Now back to the cave to make more chips!

I'd be happy with that. Single-pointing little threads is something I generally try to avoid due to the large amount of scrap I generate ;)

consider your back duly patted. Good going !!
Tin

rleete :bow: :bow: :bow:

You can't do it if you don't try it. Once you try it you find that you can do it. Now you know the secret.
Part looks great and the feeling of knowing that you did it is great, isn't it?

Cheers :)

Don

Good work, one only has to tryand you did. :bow:

Ian.

Nice job - especially to tackle a smallish one like that on a first try.

You Ripper,
wow.gif
gloatgrin.gif

Single point threading is not easy and to have success at such a small size for your 1st one is significant, you should be proud and we are happy you wanted to share it with us. ;) :D :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

rleete said:
Okay, so it probably isn't much,

You must be joking!
For someone who has never done it, it's an inspiration.

For someone who has done it many time, seeing the successful first
effort of a new machinist brings as big a grin as your own. ;D

Well Done! :bow:

Rick

Back