Finished treadle/finger engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the compliments :-[ But ' artsy-fartsy.' ?!? I've never been called that one before !! :big:
Victorian gentleman... Sounds a little better... But it will inevitably end up on my desk! ;D

I am Definitely happy with my creation, I showed it to a group of friends last night and got a very wide range of comments ranging from 'I want one!' to 'it doesn't do anything more than that!' ( But she did think a finger engine was something completely different! :eek: She's blonde! ::) )

I had a lot of totally relaxing fun making this, some heart stopping moments... but it all worked out ;D

A simple steamer project next I think... I'll try to keep the blingingness down to a minimum just for Marv :big:

Ralph.

Divided He ad said:
A simple steamer project next I think... I'll try to keep the blingingness down to a minimum just for Marv :big:

Ralph.

I am anxious for that one. I am sure you will do a fantastic job.

Eric

Divided He ad said:
I had a lot of totally relaxing fun making this, some heart stopping moments... but it all worked out ;D

What more do you need ;)

First class piece of work Ralph :) ....... seems like when I get to eventually building something the goal posts have moved yet again ........ I'll just have to try harder to keep up ;D

Nice one mate 8)

Dave

I'm not too sure what to build yet Eric, I'm looking at a short list and basically putting them in order rather than discarding anything.
I want one I can make and alter if I want to ;)
I'll let you know with a few photo's in the WIP section when I start it ;D

Dave,

Thank you, and the idea is not to keep up but to acquire the feel for the machines slowly and SAFELY.
I have made more than a few mistakes but mostly minor knocks on the knuckles or finger tips.... still scary though! ( and painfull!! :eek: )

You will get to the point where you can do something better and or different to someone else It just takes a little time ;)

Hey I've only built one thing!! And that could be argued out of the engine definition!!!

Soon I'll have got me steam boots wet... Then will see if I'm any good!?! :-\

One afternoon and a plan Dave... Get that shop ready and get a little machine time under your belt ;) ;D

Ralph.

Latest posts

Back