finger brake plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
Ill try to make a long story short. My oldest son (16) was born with Downs Syndrome his high school has many ways of generating money for school activity's. One of them is a green house were they grow a wide verity of plants and sell them in the spring. A new hire in the special ed program is also a sheet metal fabricator he has plans to have the kids make some sheet metal planters and some stands. If some one has plans for a light weight brake I would appreciate it sorry about the first post still have some work to do to this computer.
Dave

thanks Vernon that's exactly what I'm looking for
:bow:
Dave

what a great place. ask ?s get great answers & ideas & plans & (well u get the idea)

I made that brake and modified the design so it was easier to adjust for different thicknesses of sheet metal.

It was a little trickier to build then I thought and I ended up custom fitting a lot of stuff, filing it to fit just right.

I attached a render of the thing, can't send any pictures. It is oiled, wrapped up in clingfilm, together with the rest of the workshop. We are off to Cyprus in a couple of weeks.

It works, but as I said, a bit fiddly to get to work.

Forgot to mention, I have some detailed drawings in metric if you want.

Lykle

Sheet metal brake.jpg

Hi
I wanted to thank every one who pointed me to some finger brake plans. My friend Jeff and I looked at every one with care and then some we found. We took the ideals and gathered material from are bins. I will have a post in work in progress with some pic of the soon to be complete finger brake.
Dave

Latest posts

Back