Face to Face meetings - Perth, Western Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majorstrain

Reaction score
A while ago I was searching for like minded people in Perth to pick up tips and tricks and learn stuff in a face to face setting.
Well this is who I was able to locate, so if you live in or around Perth, Western Australia come and put a face to the name while having a coffee.
I've been to the last three meetings, they are informal and friendly suited to experienced and newbies alike.

Here's the info off the Aussie_9x20_owners yahoo group. (used with permission)

The Group meets on the third Sunday each month (this month Sunday 19th APRIL,
2009) - at:

McDonalds McCafe
Corner Canning Highway and Berwick Street
Victoria Park
Western Australia

at about 7.00 pm

Turning, milling, welding, CNC, EDM, casting, electroplating, anodising, group
projects, bring show-and-tell, suggest group projects, etc

BYO (buy your own) coffee & cakes.

Phone me on 0412 768 348 if you need more info

Keep in mind that we're working towards a casting night for the May meeting.

All welcome
Jack

We usually sit in the alfresco area around a table, just the 4 or 5 of us.
Cheers
Phil

Just found this, too late this time but maybe next time, not that I think I can add much to the skill set as I am still very much learning.

Just found this, too late this time but maybe next time, not that I think I can add much to the skill set as I am still very much learning.
Same here.

At this stage there are only five or six at the meetings. I seem to be the only one into model engines, there are some into casting, and others into CNC mills, lathes, and routers.
A good spread of expertise - from newbies (I'm not the only one) to design engineers, and retired.

Next meeting is casting night at Jacks place, which is near the the normal meeting place.

Love to see you and others there.
Phil

At the moment I'm mainly learning to use my machines and I'm primarily fixing to steam engines although at some point in the future I would like to have a go at clock making and / or repairing

Latest posts

Back