Engine Pictures Page 2

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan

Reaction score
This is the little brother fire eater. Cylinder is half the diameter and runs twice as fast.

MVC-579F.jpg

This is the first engine I built about 25 years ago. All steel 4 stroke with out a camshaft complete with fishcan fuel tank.

MVC-582F.jpg

This shows the other side of the engine without the coil hooked up to the points, battery and sparkplug.

MVC-583F.jpg

This is a one day project. A two cylinder oscillating steam engine from Live Steam magazine last year.

MVC-581F.jpg

This is the work in progress. A two cylinder oscillator with one power cylinder and one pump cylinder. Both cylinders are double acting with long stroke on power and short stroke on pump.

MVC-585F.jpg

The geared down pump side. Gears are the armature shaft and reduction gear out of a trashed Chinese drill.

MVC-586F.jpg

Great engines Stan! I built a fire eater. They sure are neat. It's fun explaining to people that it's an external combustion engine:O)

Thanks for sharing, Wes

Nice engines there Stan, and it looks like you have had a lot of enjoyment running them.
My flame licker gets a run almost every time I go in the shop, so relaxing watching a creation running.

John

The screw on mine that holds the con rod onto the crank is lost again. I have to make a new one before I can run mine again:O(

Wes

Back