DRO problem

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xlmyford

Reaction score
Hello.
My wife gave me a Sino DRO on Xmas,which is of the newest generation.
The linear scales are bought at allendale.
Here comes the problem.Their output is a 5vTTL signal,while the new DRO needs a EIA-422A signal.
After I installed the scales to my Myford,I found that these scales do not work with that DRO.
I tested the scales in conjunction with my older milling machine DRO and they worked fine.
I´m pretty sure that the different signal types causing my problem.
Is there a converter available,from 5v TTL to EIA-422A/RS422A?
Thank you for any help,Ralph

Hi Ralph

I've googled "ttl to rs422" and the first hit is http://www.bb-elec.com/product_family.asp?FamilyId=19
and there's other possibilities, depending on how comfortable you are with electronics. The interface can be as simple as a SN75179 8 pin IC if you already have 5V. available. The SN75179 is an transceiver, witch means that it contains an transmitter and a receiver. If you're uncomfortable with electronics look at the two first hits in Google, they're plug and play - so to speak.

Hello.
I´m not comfortable with electronics but as far as I found out, the RS422A is just the standard but it makes no
statement about the actual pin configuration.
Maybe you can understand that I ´m insecure which adapter to buy.
Allendale has told me that they are working on a solution for this 5vTTL to 422A problem.But how long will it take?
My Sino is a SDS 6-3V

Cheers,Ralph

Latest posts

Back