Digital RPM Indicator

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman

Reaction score
I remember a few members talking about these indicators from ebay a while back. I think the average price is around 18 bucks. Are they good enough to check lathe speeds with?
Also wondering how long the wait for shipping actually is ferom them in Hong Kong. Comments welcomed.
Ray

I purchased one off of e-bay. IIRC the readings on the lathe was a bit higher than what I expected. Published speeds I think. But not an original motor. O think it took a couple weeks for delivery. never as fast as I like but certainly not horrible. Seem to be a good bang for the buck.
Tin

I bought mine for about that price with free shipping from a USA supplier through Amazon and had it in a few days. Works great.

Jerry

I ordered from Hong Kong already. Thanks for the info Capt.Jerry. I didn't think to check Amazon for them. Oh well, I can wait it out here in the heat.
Ray

Shop around less than $12 on e-bay buy it now free shipping.
Tin

I just ordered one (from Hong Kong). $US 4.63 or $Aus 4.35. Shipping $8.10. Ive paid more for a cup of coffee. ;D

;D So have I, $12.01 with free postage!

with the low price of digital stuff it is hard to justify not having some of these tools like a digital multimeter of digital tach.
tin

Latest posts

Back