Compression Ignition fuels

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xo18thfa

Reaction score
What do you guys use for fuel for compression ignition engines? I saw a formula somewhere once that called for ether and caster oil.

There are several suppliers of ready mix fuel in the US. By the time you get the ether and igintion promoter I think it is cheaper to use ready mix rather than mix your own.

I use Davis Diesel Power, but I have not bought any for a long time. If you are just going to use a little bit, buy the smallest containers available as you lose some ether every time you open the can. I have built and run six small engines fairly recently and have only used about a half of a quart can.

I have not looked lately, but I did see Tower Hobbies has the Davis in gallons for about $30 plus shipping. It doesent look like they selling the quart cans. I think I got mine from the Dr. Diesel website. Of course, you can always buy a gallon and then pour it up into smaller containers. If you do, use metal containers with good sealing lids.

Link to Tower Hobbies fuel.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUMU5

Gail in NM

Latest posts

Back