CNC G code basics explained part 2 !

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurent_parti

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did recognize that my previous topic had a large views and I was asked many questions about G code.
So I create a new video with a special imperial example that fits to your usual units but I remain very simple no G76 . . .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhTCxs2Np1M[/ame]

hope it will help.

Laurent.

Hi Laurent

Much better explanation than your first video, liked the plotter. Why not post the G code used in the message, we can refer to the moves then ?
That Linux system looks to be OK, is it a Free version ?

Rgds, Emgee

Hi Laurent

Much better explanation than your first video, liked the plotter. Why not post the G code used in the message, we can refer to the moves then ?
That Linux system looks to be OK, is it a Free version ?

Rgds, Emgee

Thanks I'm glad it more easy to understand. 1St time I did not think about the pen.
Yes linux CNC is free (GNU : General Public License) all the linux world is like that ( there are some exceptions anyway !).

Laurent

another nice vid :cool:

i hope this is right.....

G20
G1 X1 Y.5 F8
G91
G1 X3 F8
G1 Y4 F8
G1 X-2 F8
G3 X-1 Y-1 R1 F8
G1 Y-3 F8
G0 Z1

Thanks blighty. You get it, F is the FEED for G1 & G2/G3. I ran 60 and 15 in the video I guess.
G0 speed is defined by the CNC soft and you can adjust it. This machine can reach 700 inches / min (way too much) need to take care of collision ! It was set up for the video at 400 inches/min

Laurent

Back