Clack valves, globe valves, drain cocks, glands, flanges, and all the rest...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWarfield

Reaction score
Model steam engines require a plethora of little plumbing fittings. Firebird was asking about "clack valves" (I love that term for what I know of as a "check valve"), for example, on his bopiler thread. I've seen a variety of small valves that John Bentley has on his Engineman web site. What I haven't seen much are pictures, plans, and blow-by-blows of how to make these little wonders.

I'd love to see a thread that's just a bunch of pictures, plans, and hopefully, some folks showing how to actually make these little "fixings."

Best,

BW

The problem is Bob, lots of the home made ones come from magazine articles and as such come under copyright laws. I can post a few, but I have to make sure all references to where they came from are taken off, and hope no-one recognises them as their own.

John

Yep, I understand. Post no plans,but pictures of them should be ok, right? I can make up plans from a picture of the disassembled item.

Cheers,

BW

Bob,

I have done what is necessary on the small boiler build.

John

I read an article once (yes I did learn to read) that stated the reason they are called clack valves is that when they are working the sound that they make is like a hair lipped duck, "clack, clack ,clack"

Loose nut said:
I read an article once (yes I did learn to read) that stated the reason they are called clack valves is that when they are working the sound that they make is like a hair lipped duck, "clack, clack ,clack"

:big: :big: :big:

Latest posts

Back