Christies Auction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keep on making models to sit on the shelf. That way, your grandchildren or great grandchildren will get great enjoyment when they sell them.

To be fair,Stan,the loco's and road vehicles can be played with :big:
More to the point,did 1 man make all these,or was he a collector?If he did make them all,he must have lived in the shed.He was probably single,or would soon be! ;D

Interesting how the prices were arrived at. Some of the single cylinder stationary models made far more than complete loco's or traction engines which take far more work and time.

The highest priced Burrell fetched as much as a kit from some of the suppliers but had far more work attached.

A sign of the times ?

John S.

bentprop said:
To be fair,Stan,the loco's and road vehicles can be played with :big:
More to the point,did 1 man make all these,or was he a collector?If he did make them all,he must have lived in the shed.He was probably single,or would soon be! ;D
Some that I looked at were built by other people, so I'm guessing collection. The pictures have no scale, so it's not obvious some of the traction engines were something like 5 feet long. The Canoe engine is an interesting bit. When I was a wee lad we had canoes and I often desired a little engine.

Back