Chinese tb6560 driver board

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lensman57 said:
Hi to everyone,

On the way to converting the X1 to cnc, I eventually managed to get the driver board to communicate with the MACH3 in jog mode. This board is the red version of the TB6560 chip and it arrived from Hongkong without any documentation or instruction whatsoever even though I had requested the manual twice from the vendor. I post the link that I found usefull in resolving some of the issues with this board and I hope it is of some help with others whom have bought this driver and I hope that the administrators do not mind.
http://wiki.zentoolworks.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Tips
There are still some issues with the current and step settings that I am not sure about, The board in the link is a different version but the settings seem to work.

Best Regards,

A.G

Here is what I have found for pin-out and configuration in Mach3 Ports and Pins:

X axis 2, 3
Y axis 4, 5
Z axis 6, 7

You should have no problems after that, this board has safety features too, I noticed it's better than the Blue TB6560 board found on E-bay and sold out of China. For one if the TB6560 on the Red board gets too warm the board shuts down, Using an ATX is also a very good idea for the same reason.
Also because of how the pins are used on the Red board no conflict exists with Mach3, where with the Blue board Pin#1 is used in stepping one of the axis when it is an Enable All pin in Mach3.

Not sure how these work with EMC but I will be trying soon and will upload the video.

Cheers,

Rob.

http://whatisacnc.com/driver-board/tb6560/

I bought a couple of these 6560 driver to try out.
Read up on them and realise they are limited in what they can do but hey they are cheap, you get what you pay for.

Everybody who had problems with them were running at around the 30 volt mark, OK should be good for that but I put a limit of 20 volt on my design. It was going on a little Roland engraver with type 17 motors anyway that cost £65 so no point throwing a Gecko at it ;D

Limit the voltage to 20 volts and setup, tuning was an absolute ***** and the moves were not repeatable, noises from the motors were all over. Found out that forget the micro stepping and run full steps and it's very reliable. Fortunately the Roland is geared down a lot so full steps are no problem.

Would I buy another ? yes if it was going on some shed of a machine but not anything with hi torque motors on it.

End result you get what you pay for.

John S.

The SeeMeCNC guys used this board with their 3D printer. Someone did a lot of work and determined it has very slow opto couplers. They jumped them out and got good results. There are some reports and photos on the Yahoo group for SeeMeCNC.

I think I agree, its a cheap board and you get exactly what you pay for. I know many guys are on real tight budgets for this kind of stuff, but it seems silly to me to buy cheap and have troubles when just a small extra amount will get you quality parts that are known to work well.

Has anyone here used these TB6560's with EMC? I have no experience with the software but want to give it a try, Mach3 costs money and the trial version only runs a limited number of lines of G-code.

Any tips? Also wondering if configuration works similar to Mach3.

Thanks

Rob

http://www.whatisacnc.com

Cant see why it wouldn't run with EMC, most of the problems seem to be hardware related, power supplies etc sooner than software.

Stay away from those blue boards, they have a myriad of issues, not least of which is the opto isolators. While jumpering them might improve performance, you now have no isolation! Adding gates, etc is not a solution.

The red board's only known issue is that to get full speed from the V3 boards you need to replace a capacitor on each driver. Removal of heat sink required. This site has info on that mod (in French) http://www.rss-way.com/flux-Civade-com-9598.php
I'm happily using a 4 channel version of the TB6560 3V2 board (it is at 4V3 revision) on a Unimat DB200 with the demo Mach3.

Gerrit

Anyone here know where to source the TB6560 Driver Chips in New Zealand?

Great post, so many thanks for share. TB6560 centered China stepper remotes are really inexpensive and many of us purchased them from eBay or from other resources. These forums have large style mistake and you'll observe unreliable axis activity as well as undesirable disturbance and shouting from the steppers. Here is how we set our forums. Wish it will be useful to you.

So far as I'm aware, while the red has a slightly better PCB layout than the blue one (which is just garbage), the blue and red both suffer from the same opto and power issues, in that the implementation of these controllers require a particular power up/down sequence to avoid blowing the I.C's. The opto layout is more than useless, but given the equally bad grounding design of the PCB, the noise introduced into the circuit very often causes missteps anyway.

I think they are worse than a pile of steaming crap myself, even though they are cheap, but for light duty purposes they may do okay. Till they die that is.

If a G540 is out of the question, then a Lini or similar would be far better. Google "James Newton cnc driver" for a very well built budget driver that actually works

cheers, Ian

Back