Cabinetry 101

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I never claimed to be a carpenter----But----I can sure use up all of the left over boards and bits of plywood that accumulate in my storage shed. There was a lot of empty but unusable floor space around the new mill. I bought a much smaller 1" belt sander than the old Delta I had and was able to get the missing adapter for my old 5 gallon shop vac. Now, for the first time ever, I will have space to store the thousand bits that I never know quite where to put while I'm on a build. The cabinets are free standing, and come out intact if I need them to. All I have to do now is buy some "machinery grey" enamel paint to finish things off.

Very neat setup Brian. I shall have to invest in some of that brown stuff and make some boxes and shelves for my " pig sty ". Everything's hung up on the floor :D

One advantage of being compact Brian is that there is only room for what you use.And you have to use everyavailable space for what you need
It still gets untidy bbut is quickly tidied.I am doing a clearup every few days but it only takes miutes
As for herbiev the more space you have the more untidy it all becomes
and then its a full day to sort it out.Having used both systems i think i prefer
my present one ,small tidy and compact.All the best you 2.Keep up the posts
i always read them Regards Barry

A couple of coats of paint make a remarkable difference!! Interestingly, the older wooden cabinet with all the drawers in it is exactly the same paint, but has darkened up quite a bit since I painted it two years ago. The paint is Rustoleum enamel applied with a brush, two coats.

Latest posts

Back