Cabin 2013 pics by Chucketn

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucketn

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did manage to take a few pictures at Cabin Fever. I was so mesmerized by all the fantastic exhibits, I often forgot to take pictures. Met many forum folks and had a greattime. Even managed to stay within budget! Bought lots of cool stuff.I will definitely go back, if future finances allow!

Pictures here:http://s571.photobucket.com/user/chucketn/library/Cabin%20Fever%202013

Chuck

Last edited:
Hi Chuck,

Great fotos. Wish I was there too in USA. Where was the show held.
Planning to drop by Australia as they have same shows too.

Gus Teng

I ended up ariving at Cabin Fever later than I had planned. I left my brother's place at 4:30 am expecting a 4 hour drive. It was extreamly foggy for the first 50 miles or so and that slowed me way down.
Then as I got within the last mile or so of the Toyota Arena, my Tom-Tom gps seemed to forget where I was going and lead me on a wild goose chase that evidently had me circling the fairgrounds for about 45 minutes. Having never been there before, and traveling alone, I guess I was lucky to have been only 1 hour or so behind schedule. I was further delayed by the requisite calls to the Mrs. and my brother to announce my safe arrival.
Being my first show of this type, I was excited and immediatly overwelmed by the fantastic exibits and vendor booths. I waled around in a haze for a couple hours before remembering I had a camera!
I ended up purchasing a 0XA tool QCTP set, some center drills, and accessories for my X2 from LMS, a couple taps and tap drill sets, a fuel gas pressure regulator, and some Aluminum bar. Lots more I wanted, but I was on a budget.
My origional plan was to stay over for Sunday, but I was exhausted by the end of the day, so I wimped out and left for NY.
I met many familiar folks from several forums and a couple of my you-tube heros, and all in all had a great time. I wish I'd had a friend with me to share the experience,but no one cclose to me is in this hobby.
Looking forward to next year.

Chuck

Chuck,

Glad you had a good time and thanks for posting the pictures. Thm:

Pat H.

Gus, the Cabin Fever show was held in York, PA. If you go to the Ausie shows, please post pictures.

Chuck

There is one in Melbourne and another at Bendigo.Will keep sharp look out for dates.
With budget filights,it is cheap to fly to Melbourne.
Will keep you posted.Never been to any at all.Been told to lockup my pocket
to avoid overspending. Most Retirees dig into their savings.

Gus Teng.

Back