Bevel gears. HELP.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzymuff

Reaction score
Hi. Would there be anybody from the UK that would be interested in doing some bevel gears for me. They are out of a 1/8 scale diff. The large gear is approx. 14.5 mm dia. The smaller gear is approx. 12.5 mm in dia. I need 10 of the large gear and 10 of the small gear. They are made in brass. I am sorry about the shadow on the pictures. If you are interested please contact me. I am getting desperate.
Thanks for looking.
Graham

003.JPG

006.JPG

It's very time consuming to make miter gears due to the multiple cuts that must be made for each tooth. I would try find a supplier first because having someone make them could get quite pricey.
gbritnell

Are they not available from the the r/c car parts maker?

Tom
Hi Tom.
I can get alternative gears at a cost of £65.00 per set . My problem is they have to be the same as I am reproducing an exact copy of a diff.
Thanks Graham

I hate to say it, but Mr Britnell is correct. I have made a few gears for myself and I can tell you that you might be better off paying the 65 Pounds. It takes a bit of time to make gears.

Tom

Latest posts

Back