BBc TV

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillybilly

Reaction score
Fyi,for those that dont know ,guy is a fast fast fast bike racer into the danger/speed of the TT etc ,he is also one hell of a card and has a cool take on the world ,added to this a real knack on the spanners ,he is seen as the new Fred !! this should be well worth a look ..............

For those not in the UK check out the BBc i player on the tinternet after the 2nd March ,worth it i think .....

http://www.historyextra.com/tv-and-radio/boat-guy-built

Thanks for posting this, looks like it could be an interesting programme. We need more stuff like this instead of the crap we get now. We need a new Fred to carry on showing us what this country was good at. Regards Keith.

Good link, thanks for that. I've set the box to record the series ;)

Vic.

Nice find, certainly sounds promising.
There have been some programs with "personalities" that could have been so much better if you could believe that the chap actually knew what he was talking about. I hope this new show does not pander too much to the casual viewer and sticks to its core audience of dirty finger nail owners.
Ned

So what did you reckon???

Looks like its all gonna go Hmem next week with his steam powered shower !!!!!

I enjoyed it the guy is a real character .Looking forward to next weeks ;D
There should be more like it on tv .
The only down side to the program was i think it was crammed into half an hour and they flew through the subjects very quick should have been over an hour . But maybe they are testing the water with this to see if there is a audience.

Rob.......

I enjoyed it. I'm also with Rob on the duration (beeb are you listening?) more time allows more depth. Maybe someone at the beeb sees it as a makeover show! ?
Looking forward to the one next week.

Mike

I agree with the time bit ,i guess they have got to address the wider appeal to people who unlike us dont spend the majority of their free time in sheds making stuff ..................

As to Guy ,he is definately in the "character" bracket ,he has a good ride in this years TT in may/june with the TAS team ,watch that and you will see the "speed" side of the man as he tries to get a win .
Its a long way from canal boats .

Did you see the fellas face when guy waded in with the furnace tapping without any goggles on ,scant dis regard for the danger aspect ,guess its just a case of where you believe the safety finishes and the danger starts .Based on the fact he came off in last years TT at a reported 190mph ,bashing himself up quite bad and totalling the bike in a big way . Ho hum role on next week .............

Back