Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra428

Reaction score
How do I get the aspec ratio right in my avatar? It's fine in bucket fine in my profile page but when it comes on to the board to tall! aspec 150 x 110 normal this is 150 x 150
Thanks in advance
Tony

A technically well phrased question Ton'. I asked about the very same thing a while back though not as eloquently. I don't remember the response but could never figure out a solution. I'll follow this with interest.

BC1
Jim

Thanks Jim,
I did a search for "avatar" I didn't get any returns except for stuff not relevant!
Tony

Hi Tony,
I'm no expert, but from viewing the html code from your avatar
Clipboard01.jpg

The Photobucket link includes a specification for the width and height 150 x 150

But when I viewed Jim's avatar info
Clipboard02.jpg

There is no width and height specified. It would seem that this is because Jim is not using Photobucket and has uploaded his image to the HMEM site as have I.

Clipboard03.jpg

I looked through all the link strings that Photobucket make availible to copy and past, but none specify the width and height. That would mean that it is something to do with the HMEM forum software.
The only way I can see around the problem is to change your profile and not use Photobucket but to upload the image to HMEM.

Cheers
Phil

;D Hope it works

I just thought you were a master machinist able to turn matching elliptical flywheels. :bow:
hmmm! not a bad challenge for some of the more experienced or insane among us. :noidea: they should still balance, shouldn't they?

Phil

Hi Phil,
Master Machinist (who me ??? Rof}) No elliptical FW's for me but they should balance
Tony

Thanks Phil,
Uploading my own pic was the answer. I think that the avatar is set up for portrait rather than landscape too. I f I had rotated the camera 90 then the pic 90 I wouldn't have the scroll bar at the bottom

Tony

cobra428 said:
Thanks Phil,
Uploading my own pic was the answer. I think that the avatar is set up for portrait rather than landscape too. I f I had rotated the camera 90 then the pic 90 I wouldn't have the scroll bar at the bottom

Tony

Excellent result Tony, Thm:
Congrats.

Phil

Brend,
I went through "Paint" to get things right.
Tony

Latest posts

Back