Ascot exhibition

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been to the Ascot exhibition so unfortunately I can't comment however, there is a Model Steam rally and exhibition at Guildford this weekend 12 & 13 Jul 2008 (how far is that from Ascot, about 18 miles?) at which a lot of the usual suspect ME vendors will be going to as a bonus to seeing all the models.

SWMBO is at work on Saturday so I'm going to take my 18 month old Son and my Dad too, take some pics and maybe spend some money.

http://www.gmes.org.uk/events.htm

Anybody else going?

Al

I'll be going to Guildford on Saturday, got some bits to pick up from MJ Engineering for my Traction Engine and need a few bit sfor the new Warco WM280VF I've just got.

I went to Ascot last year, good display of models but that may have been due to it being a special 100th show. More trade stands and better layout than when it was at sandown. If you are into Locos then there is going to be about 5km of track to play on. For trade stands I prefer the Alexandra Palace show.

They usually have some of the ic engines running at Guildford as well as all the traction engines in steam and the clubs railway will be giving rides.

Jason

JasonB I am building (one of my projects) a 2" scale Fowler A7 traction engine using castings from MJ Engineering. What one are you building and what stage are you at? If you want to see where I am have a look at http://www.mikes-models.com/ccfowler.html I am about to connect the hornplates to the boiler. If you have done this already I would like to know how you got on? There are some 'questions' in my mind over the procedure.

Regarding Ascot I believe this year they are getting a large track put up from another exhibition in Holland I think? It is supposed to be quite large and well supported but I haven't been myself.

Mike

I showed a model there last year and intend to show another this year. I enjoyed the day out and there were a lot of display models there. this year I will go again

Paul

Mike, if you look at the gallery section of MJ's site you will see my Fowler.

Fitted the hornplates two weeks ago, will pm you with details rather than hijack this thread (probably tomorrow)

Are you going to Guildford as I may put the engine in the back of the car.

Jason

Hello Jason, I can't make Guilford but I am certainly interested re hornplates. Look forward to your email. I had a look at the MJ site and you certainly have a nice model coming on. Feel guilty about the state of mine now. I did start off having a bare metal build but changed to painting as I go. Still not sure which way is best.........

Well I have bookmarked this (Ascot) show and intend to make the trip only 4hrs! but it is a bit of fun ;D

The Guildford show is too shorter notice for me now, I have car show commitments this weekend.

Closer to the date we shall have to see about a bit of organisation on the day people are going... A little gathering may be fun?

Ralph.

Latest posts

Back