anyone have 18 Cylinder Radial Engine Drawings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_monty

Reaction score
18 Cylinder Engine Specifications

11.25 inch diameter

11.75 inch length ( without carburetor )

1.00 inch bore x 1.125 inch stroke

15.90 cubic inch displacement

Compression ratio 6.7 : 1

Approx. Weight : 18.75 lb. without carburetor, oil tank or club

Fuel - 89 Octane unleaded
Oil - 50 wt - detergent​

I believe these plans were advertised in the Argosy magazine sometime in the late 1960s or 1970s. I used to look at the advertisements for these plans in my aunts magazine when I was a kid and think that one day I would build one of them. I never sent for the plans and never have built one. All I can remember or think I can remember were that the plans were for Pratt and Whitney 18 cylinder radial with a 1 inch bore don't remember any other details but it might give you a lead.

Richard

Ian's source is right, infact I would say Monty has just copied & pasted the spec from Ageless Engines. He didn't want to pay for V twin or Harley plans a week or two ago and it looks like he wants free radial plans now, these are obviously copyright of Ageless Engines!!

This is the correct site, no dot in the middle

http://www.agelessengines.com/18cyl.htm

Jason

Gentlemen,

I am locking this thread before a bun fight starts.

However, dj_monty; as Jason rightly points out, there are copyright issues with these and other plans. If you want to build models of this nature, I suggest you do like others and pay for them.

Best Regards
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back