any ideas would help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duck

Reaction score
i am a student at Perry Technical Institute in Yakima Washington, currently in the Machinist program, our class is looking to build a model engine using the skills we have developed in CNC, and manual machines, the only problem is we are having a hard time finding plans for one, if anyone can help please let us know! thank you

Duck,
http://www.john-tom.com/html/Engines.html
Has many engine plans of both steam and internal combustion ranging from beginner to advanced building skills.
All are available for free download.

Gail in NM

There are some nice engines on Dave Goodfellow' site, I know lot's of people have built them successfully, me included, so they are obviously simple ;D you might find an odd dimension missing but generally it's easy to figure out.

Click here and scroll down the page to about half way.

hth

CC

Yep Duck, you should reap plenty of ideas from any or all of the above.

Welcome, and welcome Fred.

we are looking for a 2 cyl. ic, the class ahead of us is building a jerry howell v-4

thats what we were going to due but our instructor dosnt like how the plans are for the v-4 so he rejected it :'(

duck said:
... our instructor dosnt like how the plans are for the v-4 so he rejected it :'(

:-\ Well, that's not something to teach people; rejecting work because you don't like the way it's been drawn.

Hey Fred! Welcome to the forum.
Get on the Welcome thread and introduce yourself. ;D

looks like we are going with a stirling called the quad rocker sterling, i will try to keep you posted with pictures and progress! thanks for the help! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU6IstOVsew[/ame]
this is one on youtube!!

wooow, great looking running engine that quad rocker sterling!!!!

Latest posts

Back