another newb from the UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxfordian

Reaction score
Hello all

My name is Ray and im from the south east of Kent, Uk and i have a small and compact workshop (mostly Boxford machinery hence my forum name). I was led here from a link from another forum which im a member of. I have plenty to do already as far as engineering is concerned, but in the meantime i hope you guys dont mind me nosing around in the background.

Hi Ray welcome to the forum.
S/E Kent sort of Whitstable to Folkstone ish

Welcome to the forums! There are a lot of fantastic threads for the reading, and many cool projects to look at too!! Enjoy your poking around :D

Regards,

Will R. Everett, WA.

Hello Ray, welcome to the forum.
Bill L.

Welcome to the forum Ray, you will find plenty to interest you here!
Stew

Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome !

G_N_R Yes not far from Folkestone, Im actually a stones throw from Dungeness Power Station to be a little more precise.( Right down the bottom of Kent)
I have been nosing around already but felt a little rude without introducing myself. I have been involved in home made miniature gas turbines for the last two years but i have for a long time fancied an i/c engine build.
Thanks again for the welcome and congratulations on such an interesting and infectious site.

Regards

Welcome to the forum Ray. I was down your way last summer taking pics of some of the interesting stuff on Dungeness beach! Back this summer hopefully for a ride on that "train set" you have down there! ;D

Vic.

Crikey Vic, V8 Power

Spot on you two,
v8power said:
Must be down near the holiday park

I back onto the holiday park

Omnimill said:
Welcome to the forum Ray. I was down your way last summer taking pics of some of the interesting stuff on Dungeness beach! Back this summer hopefully for a ride on that "train set" you have down there! ;D

Vic.
i can also smell the smoke when the little train set has past by, and i cycle through the dungeness estate daily on my way to work.

Thanks again guys

Been down in summertime sean a full garage i'm not far from maidstone

Nice to know theres a few of you so close to home.

I make a good cuppa if ever your passing ok

Ray,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Wow, an English model engineer who doesn't have a Myford ;D - (relax it's a joke).

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Ray
I know Dungeness fairly well, used to fish off the beach in front of the old lighthouse, that was before the Power Station "A" units were built.
I recall a couple of pubs we went in the Pilot and the Ship. (that's what fishing is all about). not what you catch just the local attractions you visit. ::)

Crikey, Now you are going back some years now. My father started work there in 1965 when it was newly built and just started its reactors. The pilot is still up and running and just as reputable as it has ever been for a massive 'cod n chips'.

Guess i should sign this very warm welcome thread off as i sure i am close to my first encounter with the forums moderator.

Thanks for the welcome and catch you through the forum

Very best regards

Hi ray i was down your way today about 2.30 in the holiday camp
Speak later

Aaargh Maaaan !!!

Ive been around and about here all day martyn, never mind ! Im sure it was an inpromptu visit otherwise you would of given me some warning wouldn't you ?

Yep speak later

Ray

Back