And ........ Another Newbie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlmanatee

Reaction score
Hi All,
What a great forum. I decided to take up the machinist hobby about 3 years ago with the intent of making "really cool stuff" like steam engines. But it seems all I've had time to do is modify my lathe and mill. This website is a real inspiration.
My father and grandfather were both tool and die makers and I inherited their tool chests. I went the way of the computer instead and my day job is as an information security technician. I wish they were around to share their knowledge. I like to think they're looking over my shoulder when I'm in the shop. ::)

I'm "newbier" than you ;D

Welcome to the friendliest website on the planet

Kermit

Modifying your lathe and mill, and making new tools is some kind of sickness. I know I have had it for many years. I have not found a cure for it yet! The thing you need to ask your self, is if you enjoy the time you spend working with your machines. If the answer is yes, then don't worry about it! My wife always ask what I am building! My answer is usually a tool, so I can do some operation on a engine I am building. She says I build more tools than engines, and she is correct!

PS what are the two more wise words a man has ever said to his wife?

Yes Dear!

Welcome to the forum!

Dale

jlmanatee,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back