An Arkansas Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDogofWar

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just thought I would make the common introductory post as my first. I'm 33 and grew up tinkering with cars and internal combustion engines. Until I returned to school for drafting about 10 years I worked in the shop on CNC machines and was also a welder for several years. I very much enjoy working with my hands and always seem to have some sort of project in the works. I've been studying alternative energy and energy efficiency in my spare time for a few years now with an ultimate goal of self sufficiency. So I happened across this site while investigating thermoacoustic engines which I discovered looking at some Stirling designs. I marveled at the craftsmanship of many of the designs and displays of ones I saw and couldn't help but want some for myself. They compliment my interests and personality quite well. I could easily just pull out the CC and order one up but that doesn't fit my personality, if I can't make it myself I don't want it.

I've got tool boxes full of wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers and other hand tools but am lacking both the knowledge and machining equipment to produce anything near the masterpieces I have seen browsing this site for the last hour. I'm sure to become quickly overwhelmed with elementary questions but I'm hoping everyone can understand and help point me in the correct directions. I'm a visual and hands on type of guy so I'll likely be building some very crude projects in the upcoming months while I attempt to grasp the concepts. It won't be easy posting pictures and/or videos amongst the work I've seen published here but I hope it will one day lead me to final products I can be proud of.

So thanks for all the sharing and effort put into this site, I believe it will be both inspirational and educational.

Brandon

Welcome Brandon, glad you found the site. There is a lot of inspiration here as well as help when you need it so don't be afraid to ask

Regards,
Bill

Welcome from a fellow Arkie, Brandon. There's a wealth of information and inspiration here, readily shared.

Rudy

Welcome to the forum Brandon.
My father's side is from Arkansas...Malvern, Hot Springs, and Little Rock.
Last time I was there was in 2003 to bury my grandmother.
She was 105! Arkansas did well by her.

Welcome to HMEM Brandon.

Rick

Brandon,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hey Brandon, welcome to HMEM.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back