3at collets

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

Reaction score
I got a quick question. I have an old Hardinge indexer that takes 3at collets the tool itself is in good shape but it has no collets. I did a web search and found the collets can still be found but are a bit pricey. The question is should I bite the bullet and make the hardinge whole again or should I purchase a newer indexer with more common collets? with a little shopping I might be able to get a whole new system for the price of a set of 3at's thanks for any input folks Dale

Are these Atlas craftsman Collets,
Don

If it's a Hardinge, it should take 3C collets. They're virtually identical to 3AT but are about 1/8" longer (or maybe it's 1/8" shorter).

There is a difference between the 3at and the 3c's.the taper on the 3at is different and the 3c is longer. I got looking at the collet draw and found that it has been modified with an almost invisable bushing spacing it out .210. So I think the indexer has been modified for the 3c collets. 3c's are less expensive and the indexer has already been modified-I think I just answered my own question! Thanks for the replies, they got me to take a closer look at the Hardinge. Dale

Latest posts

Back