1906 Lime (French origin) 7 in stroke hand shaper

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holmes_ca

........Edmund...Alberta
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in case any member is interested, I have a channel on you tube, under the name Walter Maisey, I'm in the process of building a .800 scale of the full size machine, the base is 12" x 8" x 2" inches mild steel, it weighs 56 lbs and I am machining 7 off 3/8 T-Slots all on the tiny Taig Mill,

www.youtube.com/walter maisey

pa120012-416eb7f.jpg

pa120013-416eb88.jpg

pa120014-416eb91.jpg

img0.jpg

img1.jpg

capture1-4170bda.jpg

img4.jpg

Just in case any member is interested, I have a channel on you tube, under the name Walter Maisey, I'm in the process of building a .800 scale of the full size machine, the base is 12" x 8" x 2" inches mild steel, it weighs 56 lbs and I am machining 7 off 3/8 T-Slots all on the tiny Taig Mill,

www.youtube.com/walter maisey

Hi do you have plans for this shaper ?
thanks

Hello Luc,
I have communication with the owner who gave me some rudimentary measurements on scraps of paper in metric which I first converted over to decimal, the only other knowledge is gained by photos, from that I have made a couple of rough drawings from my vision so it really is a freelance project, the drawings were produced in order to scale from full size down to a smaller .800 scale which I thought might be doable on the small Taig Machines, as I'm not entirely skilled at producing professional cad drawings they do give me some guidance that it will work out, providing my machinery can cope,

Thanks for the interest shown......Edmund......Alberta,

Hello Luc,
I have communication with the owner who gave me some rudimentary measurements on scraps of paper in metric which I first converted over to decimal, the only other knowledge is gained by photos, from that I have made a couple of rough drawings from my vision so it really is a freelance project, the drawings were produced in order to scale from full size down to a smaller .800 scale which I thought might be doable on the small Taig Machines, as I'm not entirely skilled at producing professional cad drawings they do give me some guidance that it will work out, providing my machinery can cope,

Thanks for the interest shown......Edmund......Alberta,

Hi Edmund,
Thanks for answering. If you don't mind sharing those info or picture
I would appreciate . What would the final size dimension. AS for CAD
I master that pretty good and using the pictures knowing one measurement
putting together should be pretty straight forward.

maybe this link will help you
http://www.vintageprojects.com/machine-shop/Shaper.pdf

cheers and good luck with your project

Last edited:
Hi Edmund,
Thanks for answering. If you don't mind sharing those info or picture
I would appreciate . What would the final size dimension. AS for CAD
I master that pretty good and using the pictures knowing one measurement
putting together should be pretty straight forward.

cheers and good luck with your project

Hi Luc,
I will try to find the dimensioned sketches I received, and any pictures related,

Luc, I am not being to successful uploading on site, contact me at

holmes_ca_2000 at yahoo.com

Latest posts

Back