why is it so hard to post pics on this forum?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecobb76

Reaction score
I am new here. but I have been a member of MANY forums for a long time. but this forum is the worst when it comes to dealing with pictures and uploading pictures. jeez.... pc and android

I know if you click this, and this and then this, all will work. but this is not a very intuitive setup AT ALL!! not very user friendly and it is VERY difficult.:wall:
there is NO feedback when pics dont upload at all
there is no clear folder structure. personal or public
just saying, why cant it be a simple click and drag format?
and its all 10x times harder on my android cell phone. I even have a big screen.
sorry I dont mean to ***** and rant... but dang..

In my experience, If you are using the site to post pics on a iPhone or the like the site will only allow for one pic to be uploaded at a time, when using the app you can post your pics when and where you need them
The post will show the pics as manage attachments for the web, and a camera icon for the app and it will open where to get photos from , like the library or take photo etc.. Hope this helps a little as i find it rather easy depending on amount off pics I post. As for me I'm not keen on the app as I find it hard to navigate to my needed forum or thread, so I tend to shy away unless posting multiple pics.

I know if you click this, and this and then this, all will work. but this is not a very intuitive setup AT ALL!! not very user friendly and it is VERY difficult.:wall:

For basic uploading, clicking on "Manage Attachments" (as you want to attach something), then either providing a URL or setting the filepath, and finally hitting the big "Upload" button is all there is to it. I'm not sure it could get a great deal easier, except drag and drop. If you want to get away from clicking altogether, you can even use IMG tags and specify URLs manually within your posts if you so desire.

there is NO feedback when pics dont upload at all
If your pic didn't upload then most of the time you're having a browser or connection issue, however if your pic doesn't appear in your post then you can choose the 'edit' option and have another go. I would say the lack of picture in your post is as good a piece of feedback as a pop-up text box.

there is no clear folder structure. personal or public
just saying, why cant it be a simple click and drag format?
Why would you even want a directory tree structure for pictures in one post of a thread? Each picture corresponds to the post it is attached in. You can edit through your post if necessary. As for the drag and drop, this forum supports multiple file formats, including formats other than pictures, and gives the user greater control over formatting and placement, etc. So in short, it's more powerful than simple drag and drop based systems.

and its all 10x times harder on my android cell phone. I even have a big screen.
I only use the site on my PC or laptop, which I'd say is what it's optimised for as the medium has been around a lot longer than mobile. Maybe try it out on a computer and see if you like it a bit better then.

Latest posts

Back