vertex rt

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incawannabe

Reaction score
i just got finished tweeking a vertex 6"hv rotary table. when i got it brand new it looked the part except for the crinkly black paint they used . so i decided to dismantle the unit and start from scratch. first off came the paint,inside and out and a repaint with clausing machine grey (the stuff with the gold tint) .looks much nicer now.then came reassembly. wow. the dude that put this thing together to pass inspection was named merlin. what i found was the hand crank wheel was locating on a diameter of about 1/2"x about 5/8" long,with flats on it to accommodate the dividing accessories,and a keyway which was illfitting in both the shaft and hand wheel. 3/4s of the bearing surface machined away, oh my. this was not all this could go on and on so if you are interested in a follow up let me know, or if anyone has any experience( good or bad )with this particular rt chime in im sure we would be interested ps it feels like a top line machine now

I'm interested.

I have strong feelings about rotary tables. Don't understand why the cheap ones have to be SO rubbish. Don't understand why the expensive ones have to be so outrageously expensive. Are the mechanisms really that complicated?

Latest posts

Back