• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Smith Little Torch Sold

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hand

Reaction score
Like new with 8 different sized tips!
$150
This item is no longer for sale. See post #4 below.

001-53.jpg

002-44.jpg

Smith Equipment's Little Torch welds an unlimited range of materials, brazes and solders the tiniest elements with ease, yet produces enough heat to weld steel up to 1/8" thick or melt 3 oz. of silver.

This kit may be used with disposable MAPP or propane and oxygen cylinders. Disposable oxygen and fuel tanks may be purchased at most hardware locations.

Features:

Infinite Control
Weighing only 1.5 ounces, The Little Torch(TM) is easily maneuvered in areas impossible to reach with conventional torches.
Variety of Flame Settings and Sizes
Produces a perfectly controlled, stable flame hot enough to melt commercially weldable metals, glass and ceramics with thread-thin flames up to 6000 F.
Unmatched Flexibility
Works with any commercially used fuel gas, and strong, flexible hoses connect to any standard pressure regulator.
Exclusive Heating Tips
Multi-orifice tips for heating or melting up to 3 oz. of metal.
The Little Torch feels right in your hand. It is just a fraction wider and longer than your middle finger.

This superbly balanced torch with a rugged aluminum alloy body weighs only 1.5 ounces. The Little Torch features a thin, extremely lightweight hose which provides added maneuverability. In short, The Little Torch is designed to meet the most exacting industrial standards for a small, multi-purpose torch.

The Little Torch has unmatched flexibility -- it can be used with several fuels including acetylene, hydrogen, propane, propylene, MAPP, or natural gas. It produces a perfectly controlled, completely stable flame hot enough to melt commercially weldable metals, glass and even ceramics. It may also be used with special heating tips to melt up to 3 oz. of metal

Edited by moderator

This is a screaming deal on a fantastic little torch. If I didn't have two projects to finish (and spend money on) I'd buy this in a second. GLWTS

Hi 1hand,
I have one of these and have used it for years. What a great tool for small silver soldering jobs. I use mine from full sized oxygen-acetylene tanks so I had to buy the low pressure oxygen regulator for it.
gbritnell

I have had one for years as well and do find it perfect for small jobs. In addition, replacement parts are readily available, and I recently had to replace the hoses on mine as they had become brittle. I use it with mini-oxy/acetylene tanks and refurbished a cart which was handed down to me by my Dad.

Bill

Torch Cart.png

Ok, I'm going to keep it. I wanted to get a turbo torch for doing boiler work, and I guess this little torch still would have a niche for the smaller stuff. I probaly would regret getting rid of it.

Sorry,
Matt

OK! Now I have "Torch Lust"

Got to get the SB sorted first.....then I'll indulge...
Dave

I've been dreaming about getting the 'Smith Little Torch' ever since Matt first posted his purchase a year or two ago. Alas, its not in the budget for this year, but its on my long list of wishes. In the mean time I use the old tried and true Bernzomatic outfit that I picked up at a yard sale many years ago. It works well for silver brazing (silver soldering) small parts on engine projects. The only objection I have is the small $10 oxygen tanks (1.4 oz. cylinders) that seem to only last about 15 minutes.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002JM8AO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

-MB

Last edited by a moderator:
Back