Small Axle water Pump

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Reaction score
not sure if its the correct place to put this, but im after a cross section of a small axle water pump.

i need the body to be about 3/4" long, 1/2" wide and 1/2" deep, so fairly small.

do they work by 2 clack style valves, 1 set to let water in to the valve on the out stroke, the other to let water past when on the in stroke?

if it works on this principle, it will be no problem to make.

thanks

A small oscillator gets pressed into service as an axle pump on some old model steam engine designs. Doesn't even need valves, though it may leak a bit if the port face isn't perfect.

shred said:
A small oscillator gets pressed into service as an axle pump on some old model steam engine designs. Doesn't even need valves, though it may leak a bit if the port face isn't perfect.

yeh i have thought of that, might try it on one of my other engine.

Pumps are pretty easy to do - this one is a hand pump, but the principal is the same - just eliminate the waggly bits and hook it up to an eccentric on the axle.

handpump.jpg

tel said:
Pumps are pretty easy to do - this one is a hand pump, but the principal is the same - just eliminate the waggly bits and hook it up to an eccentric on the axle.

thanks very much, excellent.

Latest posts

Back