question about tool holder alignment and boring

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, just showing that headstock has earned you a huge number of discount points, especially from Taig owners on this side of the pond where such things are largely unknown.

Ray

raggle said:
Chris, just showing that headstock has earned you a huge number of discount points, especially from Taig owners on this side of the pond where such things are largely unknown.

Ray

I can make a playboy like slide show if you guys want. 8) Should get me a lifetime of free questions!

Chris

Chris, I for one am not crazy about the type of boring bar shown in your photo. Its very easy to creat problems with rubbing rather than cutting, due to the excessive thickness of the tool bit stock. Look at the Micro 100 style of boring bar solid carbide, one bit can bore from small to large diameter material, from plastic to titanium, for that size lathe a .180 size begins at hole size .180 with a max bore depth of 1.5". I really like them, not cheap, look for them on ebay, lots sold there. My $.02

MachineTom said:
Chris, I for one am not crazy about the type of boring bar shown in your photo. Its very easy to creat problems with rubbing rather than cutting, due to the excessive thickness of the tool bit stock. Look at the Micro 100 style of boring bar solid carbide, one bit can bore from small to large diameter material, from plastic to titanium, for that size lathe a .180 size begins at hole size .180 with a max bore depth of 1.5". I really like them, not cheap, look for them on ebay, lots sold there. My $.02

Yes sir. I just used what I had for illustrative purposes. I have a micro on the way from enco I think it was. Been so long since I ordered it I forget where I ordered it from!

Chris

Latest posts

Back