Posting where you live.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal

Reaction score
Several times while reading these post, someone will say

"there is know one close to me that machines small engines" or "I don't know any machinist near where I live".

It might help to add a general geographical area, state ,county, city or what ever your comfortable with to your profile.

You might find a guy down the street or the next town over has the same interest.

Tin Falcon you might suggest adding a "general location" when posting profile to your WELCOME post.

Hal

Hal is right on. If you're paranoid, a state or province is enough but a city is a help if you happen to live in one of the larger states - California, Western Australia or Ontario doesn't really narrow it down too much.

Let me also encourage all the existing members who haven't provided a location to edit their profiles (click on 'profile' at top of page) and give us a hint.

Hal :
I agree the state and area would be good I Understand not putting towns in. Or like Marv said you can reference a large city and say S.E. of Philadelphia for instance.
Tin
PS edited the welcome guidelines. The administrators are listening!!

Back