My new computer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillH

Reaction score
I just bought an Acer Aspire One netbook. It has a 9" screen and weighs only a couple of pounds. Has a solid state drive and is perfect for checking your email, surfing the web and talking to friends and family with skype as it has a built in web cam. Oh yes, it is also running linux and the best part was that it was only 259$ factory refurb from tiger direct. Built in wifi as well. I bring it to work for when I have a flight that gets canceled, I can check the forums! Very good for the money. Oh and if you must have Windows, they sell them with that as well.

Good to know

Thanks mate!

i have a 17" acer 3503 WLMI

because of screen size ( eyes are getting old )

does that one allow you to output to a larger monitor?

cheers

jack

Hey there Brother Lathemaster owner! :D WAZZZZUPP!

How's the battery life on that thing? Less than 90 minutes or more? It is a really sweet price for such a lightweight.

Have a look at it Here

discharged too soon, ;)
Kermit

jack404 said:
Good to know

Thanks mate!

i have a 17" acer 3503 WLMI

because of screen size ( eyes are getting old )

does that one allow you to output to a larger monitor?

cheers

jack

Jack you can check one out at JB HiFi $AU316.

Best Regards
Bob

cool thanks Bob

i'm looking to have a cheap ish/smallish PC that will allow a wireless KB and MOuse,
to put F/T in the home workshop load with charts and plans etc and have the monitor on the wall above the machines. Later output/run CNC CAD/CAM if/when i go that way

looks like i found it

cheers eh

jack

it has external VGA port. Battery life on the 3 cell is around 90 minutes. 6 cell aftermarket supposed to give a conservative 5 hours. Would be worth it. It is great for portability, being a pilot, it is easy to throw into the flight bag, thats the main advantage for me.

Back