Metal Craft Wrought Iron bending Tools? OT?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
This is somewhat OT metal working related but not model related .Although it could have model applications. I just recently acquired a small metal craft brand workshop with a shear/ punch a bender/ roller and a scroll bender. These are orange and black in color and are made in England. These appear to be top quality but light weight home hobby machines that allow folks to do decorative wrought iron work with out the need for a welder or forge.The bending is done cold and the parts are bolted or riveted together. does anyone have any experience with these tools? If so I would like to hear your stories.
Tin

Tin, I have the same setup only sold as metal craft by Harbor Freight, I don’t have the shear thing but do have the picket twister, scroll bender. Ring-roller/angle bender. Like you said they are for lighter materials. I think the heaviest I’ve bent is 1”x3/16 flat bar. But they work well. I’ve been bending up some pieces to make a railing around my deck whenever I get to buy material.
Did you get the manual with it? If not maybe I can help you with that.
Mel
The HF part number is ITEM 36131-6VGA and they have a pdf manual online that you can download

I see grizzly has a big brother set for $155.
This is the real deal over priced for the capability.Guess I am spoiled by HF import prices. I got this one from a long time friend of the family he passed away back in July I am going back hopefully next weekend to help go through more books. I am hoping to find the manual and the picket twister.
Thanks for the info I did not know that HF was selling a knockoff as well. Will check it out. I can get a copy of the original idea book from the web site and also video fairly reasonable priced.
Tin

I just downloaded the pdf. that is a bigger set than the one I have same as the grizzly.
Tin

Back