Memorial Day Concert

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steamer

Reaction score
Just got back from my kids 2nd grade memorial day concert and services.

There were about 15 Vets in attendance from all the conflicts back to WWII

One little boy gave a reading...from his wheel chair. It was very heart warming and touching

One of the Vets from Iraq, about 6'3" and hard as can be, came up to this boy after the concert, tore the flag insignia off his uniform, and with a huge ...Trembling....hand gave it to this boy.....there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

God I love this country.

May we all remember to thank the men and women that do and are, putting their lives in potential danger for this great nation. Forget all of the party politics for just a few moments and truly realize what the cost of our freedoms has been. May God smile down upon each and every one of our military troops, both past and present. Amen.

BC1
Jim

What a touching story steamer, thanks for sharing it. I share Jim's sentiments as well for all our vets and especially those serving in harm's way now.

Bill

Thank you Steamer for the story, it gave me a much needed boost this morning. Time to put all of life's burden's away and give thanks to the ones who have truly given their all so the rest of us can enjoy life. The ultimate sacrifice should never be forgotten and it is good to know our young ones are learning this as well. Dave

The little boy was Beaming! Best concert I've ever been to!

I was glad to have spotted the event in the midst of the crowd of parents trying to take pictures and give hugs and praise of their kids....I'd guess it was 80 kids anyway. ..it was out the corner of my eye as he was taking it off..and It got my full attention One of those moments you don't forget

Dave

Big guy in green...sorry for the crappy picture

100_0068.jpg

Memorial day greetings to all. A thank you too all that have served. A posthumous thank you to those who gave there lives in service and a thank you to there families. My wife and son are off to the local parade. Enjoy the BBQs and other festivities and take a moment to remember.
Tin

Took my kids to the Cemetery today to put up some flags....One for this patriot ( see attachment)

The problem with this one is that the stone is almost unreadable, and he gets missed....he died in hand to hand at Gettysburg. I'm working on a solution for the stone.

P5300145.jpg

P5300148.jpg

Dave

View attachment Hans Peter Jorgensen.doc

With the greatest respect, you're talking Merrykun here aren't you?

Are you fully aware just how much the rest of the world hates your foreign policy?

If anyone wish's to glorify 'the good ole USA's' approach to diplomacy, then please be prepared to have a few of your illusions shattered by us members who live in the rest of the world.

Yes I am speaking of an American. Interestingly enough, Hans Peter Jorgensen wasn't an American citizen when he joind the Union Army. He had the following Perspective on Freedom, and I quote

"Freedom is the Same everywhere, and I gladly give my life in it's defence. I only wish I could give more!"

Let ME state absolutely.

If you don't like it , Crawl back in your hole!

Dave

I wish to thank all the members of the armed forces who have served to protect the rights of the citizens of the U.S.A. One of those rights is free speach. I dont like Babba's response but that is his right to say it. I for one respect the members of the armed services for there service not the wars they fight. The members of the armed forces dont pick the fight so Babba get mad at the right people.

Thanks again to all who have served to allow me to say this.

Dave Reeves
West Chester U.S.A.

Dave , your correct, he has the right to say it.

And I thank all the service men and women who have given him that right,

steamer said:
"Freedom is the Same everywhere, and I gladly give my life in it's defence. I only wish I could give more!"

Let ME state absolutely.

Dave

Can you give the rest of the world an insight into your views on the freedom of . . . let's make it easy & say the people of Palestine?

dreeves said:
I wish to thank all the members of the armed forces who have served to protect the rights of the citizens of the U.S.A. One of those rights is free speach. I dont like Babba's response but that is his right to say it. I for one respect the members of the armed services for there service not the wars they fight. The members of the armed forces dont pick the fight so Babba get mad at the right people.

Thanks again to all who have served to allow me to say this.

Dave Reeves
West Chester U.S.A.

I will get mad at those who choose to glorify war, I choose to get extremely mad at those who choose to glorify America's twisted & warped version of war.

Han's wasn't a politician. Neither am I

Your point?

Babba this is unacceptable posting read the PM I sent Immediately. And respond!
Tin

steamer said:
Yes I am speaking of an American. Interestingly enough, Hans Peter Jorgensen wasn't an American citizen when he joind the Union Army. He had the following Perspective on Freedom, and I quote

Let ME state absolutely.

Dave

It was a buffalo soldier in the heart of America,
stolen from Africa, brought to America:

Fighting on arrival,fighting for survival.
I mean it, when I analyse the stench,
to me it make a lot of sense.
How did dreadlock rasta was buffalo soldier.

And he was taken from Africa,
brought to America.
Fighting on arrival,fighting for survival.
Say it was a buffalo soldier,dreadlock rasta.
Buffalo soldier, in the heart of America.

If you know your history,
Then you would know where you coming from,
Then you wouldnt have to ask me,
Who the heck do you think I am.

<shortened> Bob Marley

Want some quotes from Sitting Bull that your history denies Dave?

Babba said:
With the greatest respect, you're talking Merrykun here aren't you?

Are you fully aware just how much the rest of the world hates your foreign policy?

If anyone wish's to glorify 'the good ole USA's' approach to diplomacy, then please be prepared to have a few of your illusions shattered by us members who live in the rest of the world.

Babba,

You might want to reflect a bit on the fact that many of the dead we honor today died defending your country as well as many of the countries of those who hate our foreign policy.

Now, give it a rest. While you're entitled to your own opinions, you don't have free reign to express them here, especially when doing so is infuriating to the majority of the forum members, American or not.

Any further politically incendiary contributions by you on this thread will be regarded as cause to remove you from the forum.

Babba said:

One think I go by, born and raised in the States is that all men are created equal. The right to an opinion, to speak same, is a freedom worthy of fight. If in my opinion your speech is without merit, time to listen is over.

This is a day to, for myself, to remember those that I served with who are no longer with us. Politics and opinion have no room today.

Robert
U.S. Army
RVN 71-72

It seems they seek to ban me?

Typical of the Merrykuns way.

mklotz said:
Babba,

You might want to reflect a bit on the fact that many of the dead we honor today died defending your country as well as many of the countries of those who hate our foreign policy.

Now, give it a rest. While you're entitled to your own opinions, you don't have free reign to express them here, especially when doing so is infuriating to the majority of the forum members, American or not.

Any further politically incendiary contributions by you on this thread will be regarded as cause to remove you from the forum.

Do you know your history?

Please explain America's late entry into WWII?

Hollywood might give you an impression, but many lives had already been lost before you saw a reason to fight.

Latest posts

Back