Members' locations blank?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumping this back up. What is with you guys that are too lazy or paranoid to put your locations in you profiles? C'mon, get with the program!;D

Mr. Moderator Sir: Could we make this thread a sticky?

it is not a case of being too lazy it does;nt work when it says move pin nothing happens, only the north of england exists! london is apparently in france, i know this because i tried yesterday, unless i am missing something obvious,but judgeing by the posts on the site feedback there are a lot people with the same problems!
check it out
Max..............

Hi Max

I can't see any problem, i have just looked myself up on the map and there i am in Dorset, and it gets wet south of here. :big: :big:

I agree it took me a few attempts to get it to work when i initially set it up. I wonder if there is an instruction page to give guidance on it.

Good Luck

Malcolm

Max the map is one tool that can show your location.
PLEASE folks put a location next to your avatar. And like I said before It does not have to be city and state even. If in the state would be good if it is a large state like Alaska California Texas etc a little more specific would be nice . If you have any questions or need help just ask!!
Tin

Tin said ........... if someone needs a bit of help etc it's really handy least which continent your on ............ I know there are concerns about posting personal info on the internet and rightly so , but there is no need to be specific, even a vague idea helps ;)

CC

TF i think i have got the location sorted out ie map, how do i put location in the avatar thing? i don't have one as such! let me know because i do agree it makes a lot of sense and things are a whole lot simpler
max........

Max,
It's fairly straightforward.
Go to the top of the page and click on "Profile" ........... that allows you to edit your own details, on the left click on "Forum Profile Information" ........... 2nd section down ...... "location" .......... just put some info in the box and Voilà it's sorted ;D

hth

CC

Max,
It's fairly straightforward.
Go to the top of the page and click on "Profile" ........... that allows you to edit your own details, on the left click on "Forum Profile Information" ........... 2nd section down ...... "location" .......... just put some info in the box and Voilà it's sorted Grin
Max:
If put your location next to the avitar type your info in the personal text block
Tin

Latest posts

Back