Intro

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Rowe

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have spotted a few familiar names on this forum and it has been a few days of very interesting reading. I am a retired Marine Engineer and I see that there are a few other sailors already on board.

My main intrest is Shay Locomotives and I have been writing a series on building a 10 ton Shay in Steam in the Garden using scale versions of the Lima works drawings. I have done a fair amount of lost wax casting for the project. I post most of my ongoing progress here http://www.7-8ths.info/index.php?board=108.0. I could start a thread here if there is any intrest.
Cheers Dan

Hi Dan
wEc1 to the group.
I am a fellow retired Marine Engineer also, as well as steam engines love and worked on many types of slow speed diesel engines, Sulzer of Winterthur Switzerland being my favourites.
You will love it here, a very friendly and knowlegable bunch of enthusiasts.
Regards
Gordy

Gordy,
Sulzer low speed diesels are also my favorite. I started on the RND's and then the RLB's and made a few trips on a RTA model. I have worked other makes and steam engines but Sulzer engines were what I choose to work on the most.

This group seams like a gearhead paradise where similar goals and concepts are freely shared.
Cheers Dan

Dan,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the forum Dan.
There is certainly a lot of interest here in your progress.
Post away! Lots of pics!

Latest posts

Back