Hi from Lanark in Scotland

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnLanark

Reaction score
Just registered, having seen some beautiful work and ingenious machining setups. My project is bigger than most on the site, in fact not a model at all (sorry) but a 2.5" x 5" replica Herreshoff steam engine, based on partial archive drawings at MIT Museum. Here are the base and frame sitting in the boat, which is 20 feet so not a model either, sorry again. The cylinder patternmaking is the tricky bit still to finish. John

seat supports glued up 2.jpg

seat supports glued up 2.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Models, especially when as nice-looking as that, still grab my attention, even when built at 1:1 scale. ;D Great work, I'd like to see more of it.

John,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Sorry??? About a beautiful bit of work like that? Don't be, just keep us up to date with your progress.

And welcome!

Welcome to the forum.

What they said!

And I'm very interested too. I saw something similar in a museum a few months ago. This is an eye-catcher too.

John

Welcome to HMEM.

Looks like you have a great project going. I am going to enjoy watching and reading as it progresses. What you have finished to date certainly looks first class. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

A fellow steam launch builder! Looks great....we can exchange notes perhaps.

Welcome

Dave

Hi John, Welcome to the HMEM forum.

Chuck

wEc1 John,

If you call her the Queen Mary, she'll be a model Rof} just depends how you look at it.

regards

Philly

wEc1 howdy hey there welcome please show us the progress of your build. i for one really like seeing these builds it
keeps us newbies going. welcome

Latest posts

Back