HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE ! (in the U.S.)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChooChooMike

Reaction score
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU AND YOURS !

To all our U.S. members here anyway ;D

Remember all you have with your families, life, food, shelter, safety, etc. There are SOOOO many in the world that don't have even a tiny fraction of that. We tend to take that for granted. Especially remember those folks overseas fighting for those freedoms in many places around the globe.

If you have a faith in a higher power, acknowledge that in the appropriate manner. (I hate trying to be politically correct nowadays, so the heck with that - Thank God ! :big:)

Mike

Tha other folks (I think in the majority here), can be thankfull too.

Ray M

It's 3:15PM here.
There is a turkey in the oven, a ham in the electric roaster, pies cooling on racks and the beer is cold.

Do I have anything to be thankful for?
At the moment I'd say YES! LOL

My personal best wishes for everyone here and their families on this holiday.

Rick

To ALL my USA friends and members,

Have a great Thanksgiving.
mgpilgrim.gif
mgpilgrim.gif

UsA_smilie.gif
UsA_smilie.gif

Best Regards
Bob
azzangel.gif

Just got up from dinner . Roast turkey stuffing smashed potatoes candied yams etc etc. saving the pie and coffee for after diner.when it settles some.
Yes we all have lots to be thankful for.
Tin

Here in the UK it's a normal working day for us :( ............. but to all you US members ......... have a great Thanksgiving .......... and many, many more 8)

CC

Happy Thanksgiving America, give your loved ones a hug!

Paul
From The Olde Worlde

To All :bow: :bow:

Hope everone is having a great Thanksgiving day where ever they are. In the U.S. it will be turkey day and I believe that it is the bigest holiday of the year. People will drive across the country to be home for "Turkey Day". It is a bigger holiday than Christmas. It is also the official kickoff for Christmas Shopping. Eat plenty, enjoy family and friends, drive safely and be extra cautious if spending any time in the shop.

Happy Thanksgiving

Don

Several years ago my wife invited a couple of friends into our home for Thanksgiving dinner. Their nest was empty and with no family nearby, they were destined for a quiet day with a store bought meal. That tradition has continued and grown, ever since, with 18 guests joining us for lunch today.

It soon became apparent that the troubled times that we're seeing were the topic de jour and things were getting a little "weighty" for a holiday gathering. I sort of stopped everyone in their tracks with a small dissertation of a few of the things I'm thankful for, especially this year. Among these were the unabashed love in my family, and the pride of the accomplishments of our daughter and her own young and growing family. I ended with the fact that my own health was still good enough to enjoy the day and the company of those sharing this special day with me.

When I wound down, another guest took up the challenge and listed her own reasons to be thankful and so it went. Some openly participated while others only offered encouraging comments, both of which seemed right to the moment. When the plentiful words of thanks had run their course, the whole room was in a much elevated mood and the day was no longer colored by a melancholy tint. Not to mention that there was a new found closeness, even among the guests who'd never met.

The times, they are tough and quite likely to become tougher before they begin to turn for the better. We're all a little scared of what we see coming upon us. today i learned that stopping to enumerate the things that bless one's life can be downright therapeutic. One need not do it in the open fashion of our little group. A simple mental "stopping to smell the roses", in a personal private moment, just might be the lift you need to keep it all in perspective along the way.

If it all sounds a bit sappy, then so be it. It's pretty clear that it was what we all needed at that moment. I think today might have created a whole new tradition in my home. In doing so, I thought I'd share the effects of a spur of the moment decision with a few of my other friends that I'm also I'm thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving and thankfulnesss for all of you as well.
Steve

Steve, with luck and a favorable wind, that tradition will also continue. Well done and well said.

For me, Thanksgiving was nuked skinless boneless chicken thighs and cold mixed veggie salad ... for which I was extremely thankful. It's not much but I have a roof over my head and the means to prepare such repast. There are some 13,000 on the island who don't, and I was one of them for a while.

Other things ... I have Noelle, for whom I give thanks on a daily basis, and Moriah, the hopeful and prayed for Mrs. K #3 and someone I'm thankful for having even met. I have my health (such as it is) and good neighbors, I live in a place as close to Paradise as can be found on this planet, and I have the ability to appreciate all of this and more.

And, folks, I have HMEM ... where I have found people almost as crazy as I am. :D

BEst regards,

Kludge

Latest posts

Back