Get out of the shop and Vote

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedge

Reaction score
This is reminder that tomorrow is election day in the US. As a citizen, you have no greater honor or responsibility than that of voting for the candidates of your choice. This post is not meant to solicit political debate, but to encourage YOU to exercise your most valuable right.... the opportunity to choose who will lead our country. Whatever your preferred party, get out and vote..... after all... it is YOUR vote. Don't waste it.

Steve

Good advice Steve. I told a local politician that it was my 'responsibility' to vote on election day and my 'privilege' on the next day to take a bite out of his butt.

Great point! Mine has been cast. Early voting is so nice!

I'm the voter candidates hate - No Party Affiliation. That's always fun the closer election day comes with the campaigners getting more and more frustrated at not being able to convince me of their candidate's moral fiber; upstanding citizenship; promises to end the trade deficit, balance the budget, eliminate taxes completely and end foreign petroleum dependence (except maybe Canada, Mexico and Alaska.) Actually, the actal voting is sort of depressing since I won't be able to wreak havoc with their minds anymore.

I love being evil.

BEst regards,

Kludge

There you are Kludge, I was beginnin' to think the Fluffy Bunnies 'ad carried you off.

Nah ... I've been following a couple threads, just haven't had much of anything to say. Also, the demons have been particularly active - memories I really don't need to have come back that have anyway, the whole bit - which has been occupying my attention a lot.

I do appreciate the concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Kludge ... the haunted

What would they do down south of the border if they only had 35 days to run an election like we do in Canada?
Regards,
Gerald

We like our circus. It's too bad we have to provide our own popcorn.

Celebrate!!

I am really sick of hearing all of the political ads and debates and commentaries and griping and complaining.... I'll tell ya, 35 days sounds one heck of a lot better than the seemingly two years that it has been going on!

wareagle said:
Celebrate!!

I am really sick of hearing all of the political ads and debates and commentaries and griping and complaining.... I'll tell ya, 35 days sounds one heck of a lot better than the seemingly two years that it has been going on!

It HAS been two years!

Remember, vote early, vote often...

steamboatmodel said:
What would they do down south of the border if they only had 35 days to run an election like we do in Canada?

Save a (BIG) bundle of $$$$ ::)

CC

tel said:
There you are Kludge, I was beginnin' to think the Fluffy Bunnies 'ad carried you off.

To be fair Tel I've been checking the weather around Hawaii just in case a tidal wave had beaten the Fluffy Bunnies in there but; it appears we are just old "worry wort's" cos Big "K" seems just fine ;D

Good to have you back "K", ........... see we do care :D

CC

I miss the Govt job with election day off . Vote early then off to search for bargains at the local market of fleas.
Tin

Sounds like a fair slice of heaven here. It'd do wonders for my blood pressure.

Steve

CrewCab said:
To be fair Tel I've been checking the weather around Hawaii just in case a tidal wave had beaten the Fluffy Bunnies in there

I checked outside. The ocean's pretty much where it should be and it doesn't look as though it has come avisiting.

it appears we are just old "worry wort's" cos Big "K" seems just fine ;D

Trust me, you are in good company. Noelle got concerned too ... still is for that matter. She knows all too well about these demons and what they can - and do - do to me when they get a bit much. On the other hand, I finished cleaning up some of the tools, ordered some doweling to make solenoids, and started sketching a flywheel from someone else's oops. Oh, and got some LEDs to replace the original bench lighting since it not only wasn't all that good but the main bench light died.

Good to have you back "K", ........... see we do care :D

Thank you. That means a lot.

BEst regards,

Kludge ... who voted his usual Pat Paulsen-Alfred E Newman ticket ... At least THEY have an excuse!

CrewCab said:
... beaten the Fluffy Bunnies in there ...

Wasn't fluffy bunnies from an 80's movie or was it cute and fuzzy bunnies. Maybe I am going senile.

Eric

Back