Flywheel design/ proper weight and diameter

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck,
The temporary flywheel and a second coil did the trick. Now I need to make a proper flywheel and get slightly heavier intake valve springs.

John, congratulations on getting the V Twin to run and thanks for the video. That is quite a flywheel setup you have. How does the second coil fit into the system? Are you running two coils or did you replace the original?

You mentioned earlier that you plan to use the engine in a boat and were concerned about flywheel size. Do you plan to experiment with lower compression ratio, which should let you use a smaller flywheel?

Regards,

Chuck

Chuck,
As the engine dosent have a distributor and the TIM-6 wouldn't reliably fire two plugs simultaneously, I used two TIM-6's and two coils and two hall sensors. It'somewhat redundant and expensive but it works.
I am thinking about lower compression.

Bob, thanks again for providing me the Excell spreadsheet for calculating flywheel sizes. i've used it twice and the wheels came out exactly right. The link below takes you to a video of my two cylinder propane-fired engine. It's 50cc and has a 360 degree crank. its going into a 61" mohogany boat.
John
Middletown CT

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmubybcTVVI[/ame]

Back