DeFazio Mark I

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

defazioa

I recently completed this double acting steam machine from scrap and unused material at work in my spare time. It required much patience and even a little more creative machining. I had no plan at all; only some rudimentary drawings from the 1940's (and those were for a vertical) but I and my coworkers were enthusiastic about it from the start and conspired to build this contraption in spite of all odds. At build's end I secretly thought that there was no way in hell it would run but... Surprise! I have some reservations about posting it here because everything I've seen looks so elegant and well thought out but you can be assured that every bit of work you see in these photos was done by a serious hobbyist (although novice) and all calculations and machining were done to the finest acheivable specifications. Thanks for having a look. You can see it run on about 30 psi. of compressed air here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiVEoQfEdzs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

imag0506.jpg

imag0491.jpg

imag0493.jpg

imag0496.jpg

imag0505.jpg

imag0544.jpg

Latest posts

Back