crankshafts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Tranter

Reaction score
I was looking at Bogstandards build on the egg cup sterling and was wondering how to make the crankshaft webs.
Can some one explain how to make those parts please.
John

Bog does a good job describing it in his book.

Look HERE and download all his PDFs. Part 2 is the one that describes crankwebs BUT get them ALL it is worth it.

Eric

Thanks for that Eric, it is nice to know that people remember past efforts, and using it as a reference rather than building a full engine.

I am only just getting back into the swing of things in my shop and head, but If people ask the question, I am only too willing to give a blow by blow account, using extracts from the book or maybe with a few piccies of my own.

After the egg cup build, I will try to be a bit more informative.

Due to a backlog of orders I have to get ready four more finger engines (a slightly different design, but not much), so I don't think you will want to see those. but that won't matter as I will be going offline for about a month in the next week or so. But after that I have been asked for, and will be building a prototype three rotor turbine (for use in a model boat, and featuring proportional fwd/rev), that should be a very interesting build, and should be able to be made by someone with a lathe and a miller with an RT.

John

Sir John, many thanks for the link and all the work that went into the posts. Just what I need.

Latest posts

Back