can't fathom what this would be like

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck foster

Reaction score
i went to a toronto society of model engineers meeting lastnight , it is held at the aerospace museum at the old downsview airforce base.
in the museum they have all sorts of exhibits one of which is a full size model of an avro arrow jet airplane, it is a non flying model.

IMG_3339.jpg

another plane they have is an lancaster bomber, now i didn't get a very good pic of this plane because right now it is being restored and is in allot of pieces. the pic i did get just sends chills down my spine trying to imagine what it would be like to be in the plane when this happened to it
IMG_3352.jpg

the fact that it was shot full of holes, flew back to base and the crew was ok, just blows my mind.

if anyone is interested i will try to get more pics at next months meeting.

chuck

If you go to the air museum in Hamilton, not to far from Toronto, they have an air worthy Lancaster, one of only two left in the world. Most people on this forum or any where else in the world, will know anything about the Arrow so maybe some pic's and info would be of benefit.

Sure, I'd like to see more photos of the Lancaster.

The Avro Arrow was a Canadian Fighter developed in the 1950's. Due mostly to politcal events at the time, the project was cancelled. CBC did a movie about it for those that are interested. More info can be found at:
http://www.avro-arrow.org/

Andrew

Back