• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bazmak-free plans for Steam Locos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As we get older and start to think of a declutter I have to give away
to anyone interested,full drawings for the following locos
1 - Hielan Lassie a 4-6-2 pacific A3 in 3 1/2"G I have 2 sets of drgs
and a full build log of 50 or so pages taken from the 1946 back issues
of ME.(all bought by me just for this item)
2 - A full set of plans for a Caribou, switcher 0-8-0 in 3 1/2" G
3 - 2 sets of drgs for a 5" simplex 0-6-0 by Martin Evans
At my age I don't think I will be making a start on them.All castings are readily
available.Anyone interested please PM me.Cost will little more than postage
to be negotiated

I,m too old to start also but great to see you sharing them....clem

Hello Bazmak,

It's very nice of you to be giving away these sets of plans, I would be very interested in them.

Jon

General post to anybody who wants these plans.I have had many enquiries
but no definite takers yet.First positive requests will be successful
Please note that postage is not cheap.To US & Canada is $50 for over 1kg
and $35 for under 1kg.Drgs are under 1kg and the build log is over 1kg.
Please email me with address etc whoever wants them
I have scanned 206 pages of HL build log into the computer and can print
103 2 sided pages to help reduce weight and postage however I have run out of toner on the printer and realize its going to cost me more to save others postage.Wish I had not started this but hate to throw them out
Any requests will be fulfilled but if no takers then they go in the bin.Phone lines have been down for 1 week but now back on line.Please email me regards barry
[email protected]

Baz,

When people want a bit of my archive and it is too heavy to print and post, I usually do it digitally and send by email or Dropbox, or if it is a great big file, it goes onto a disc and that can be sent very cheaply.

Scanning is a lot cheaper than printing, in fact nothing.

The problems arise when the plans are too large for your scanner, then you have to pay out for outside scanning. But it should be a lot cheaper than printing.

Once that is done, the plans can be thrown away and still keep a smile on your face.

Not telling you how to suck eggs, just trying to find a way around your problem.

John

Thanks John,i have already considered cutting the larger drgs in pieces of nom A4 then scan and print.Also to build up a plan book and build log but worried
about copyright issues.The build log was taken from a series of ME mags from 1946 and 1947 and sure make an interesting read.LBSC was quite a character
with a sense of humour and he sure had a way of making things sound easy
No rush, will wait and see Regards barry

Back