As the Kids would say Ya'll ROCK!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTTIII

Reaction score
Hello HEMH.

I have been lurking on hear for some time now. I can't believe all the Information that is in one place. I am a machinist, goldsmith and I did play with blacksmithing. The later I've had to give up. Any way I look forward to posting. And giving some help.

I have a table top Cnc mill a 14X36" gap lath. I like the tool that I saw in the downloads. Using a 4 jaw chuck to offset a taper. It is a pain in the butt to reset the tail stock. So simple:D. I have never built a motor befor. But I did find one that I will do. So simple (you guys do rock).

Thanks
True

Hello Chuck, I am runnig a Sherline w/4 axes.

Thanks, True. The Sherline is a nice little mill. I have a CNC'd Taig mill and use a Sherline rotary table with a stepper for 4th axis.
I have a Sherline manual lathe in the shop and have made an adapter to mount the Sherline motor and headstock on the Z axis of the Taig mill for when I need lower rpm than the Taig will run. With the Sherline heastock and the Sherline rotary table on the Taig, I've cut some nice 32 DP gears for an engine I'm building.

Both Sherline and Taig make very useful small machines.

Regards,

Chuck

True

Hi True and welcome to HMEM. We like to think that we ROCK as well. It looks like you have got enough equipment to get started on an engine. Have you decided which one it will be? I am sure that if you have any questions there will be someone here that will be glad to help so just ask. We look forward to your participation in the forums.

Cheers :)

Don

Hi Don, Yes I have chosen one. I am going to KISS it :D. The E Z engine for beginners. Then look out! ;)

Back